Monday 6 May 2013

Welcome

Welcome to the new Chic Exchange blog. It is my hope that this blog will provide a platform for us to share ideas about all things chic.
I love fashion at every level from high end, luxury designers, to niche Australia and overseas brands emerging onto the market. I admire the work of all artisans and love textile prints and fabrication as well as accessories and jewellery.
My passion extends to all things visual and arts related. I love art and galleries, theater, ballet, dance, opera, music, furnishings, decoration, architecture, food and culture. I will read just about anything and draw inspiration from the books I read and those I read about.
I have no one style icon as I pick, rather like a bowerbird from everywhere and everything. I look to the past and present for my inspiration sources. To name just a few of those who inspire me I would mention:
Isabella Blow
Daphne Guinness
Diane Von Furstenberg
Machesa Casati
Carine Roitfeld
Lauren Hutton
Oodgeroo Noonuccal
Andre Leon Talley
Kristie Clements
Iris Apfel

As I blog about all my interests and more I hope you enjoy reading and fill me in on your lives as well.

Don't forget you can follow me on Instagram as well, I am chicexchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment